Alan McDonley - Memories of Limping Robots

Moderator: Steve

Alan McDonley - Memories of Limping Robots

Postby alanmcdonley » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:04 am

Hello to all current and potential mikronauts,

Brief post: "Memories of Limping Robots" http://alanmcdonley.blogspot.com/2015/07/memories-of-limping-robots.html

Currently I am investigating a total craniotomy for my 15 year old Rug Warrior Pro robot, using Raspberry Pi B+, Pi camera and Pololu 2476 IR range finder on an SG90 based tilt/pan, USB mic, Pi Audio speaker, (reusing the RWP "brawns": chassis, motors, wheel encoders, 6 direction bump detection with skirt), all interfaced through the Pi Droid Alpha and EzAsPi.

TL:DNR rambling about the RWP and personal robotics: https://plus.google.com/109894622888402025704/posts/axT4qjmwJjm

My robot wish list:
1) Self Dock/Recharge - apparently not actually highest priority or I would be building on an iCreate2 (too big at 14")
2) Mobile WebServer Interface for status/logs/control/situation and location awareness display
2) Speech Recognition and Text-To-Speech (TTS)
3) On board Chatbot
4) Camera for reasoning about ambient light, light changes, out-of-the-way resting places, humans, location awareness from ceiling/wall/floor intersections
5) Synthetic Psychology - engendering (useful) human attachment for sentient robots
6) oh yea - sentience might be nice but guessing that first the robot will become only a physical interface to a network residing virtual entity.

And I hate going it alone, but I can't find an affordable, capable, expandable complete kit robot platform with a community following.

Bummer,

Alan
alanmcdonley

Re: Alan McDonley - Memories of Limping Robots

Postby mikronauts » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:30 am

Welcome to the forum!

And I hate going it alone, but I can't find an affordable, capable, expandable complete kit robot platform with a community following.

I am working on this problem, and hopefully "if I build it, they will come" :)
mikronauts

Return to Introduce Yourself